There are so many benefits of adding green smoothies to your daily intake:
- They are quick and easy to make and are jam packed with nutrients
- They are portable and great for on the go especially in an EcoJar!
- You can customise the sweetness to your own taste buds
- They fill you up esecially if you add extra fibre sources such as flax meal, psyllium or chia
- They alkalise your body helping with overall digestion
- They help with regular bowel movements
I am obsessed with this green smoothie at the moment is so tasty, refreshing and satisfying. Have it as an on the go breakfast by adding some raw protein or as a fulfilling snack between meals.
Choc Mint Green smoothie
– 1 frozen banana
– 2 medjool dates
– 1 handful kale
– 1 handful fresh mint
– 1/2 cup ice cubes
– 8 almonds or cashews
– 1 cup liquid (almond milk, coconut water or just water)
– 1 heaped tsp supergreens
– 1 tsp chia seeds
Blend all ingredients together until well combined. Sprinkle with cacao nibs for the chocolate crunch.
Smoothie inspiration from The Sunflower Hotel